Monday, May 11, 2009

BBA Challenge-Anadama Bread

Our first bread has been baked. It was so much fun and turned out so much better than I thought it would. I was a bit worried because it was so sticky when kneading. I wasn't sure if I added to much liquid, as this is the first time I did everything by weight instead of volume.
It turned out great in the long run. The texture was something so different, a little crunch, but not to "grassy" tasting. I didn't quite taste the molassess as much as I thought I would. Many of the first bakers described it as being a more prominant flavor, I didn't get that.
It was great with honey, banana and peanut butter. Today I had a chicken sandwich on it, and last night Vince made an open faced pulled pork sandwich. It seems like it could be a great overall bread, not just for sweet toppings.
Also it freezes very well, I sliced it first, so that I can pull out a piece here or there.
Overall taste/make it again
Z1/ 9 yes
A1/ 7 yes
A2/ 2 didn't like texture
Z2- liked
Me/ 9 yes
V

No comments: